Let’s all plan to raise a glass to the 10th annual Ontario Craft Beer Week, hosted by Ontario Craft Brewers (OCB). The association’s 90+ members, along with many other independent craft brewers, are celebrating Community Within Communities through hundreds of province-wide events and activities that kick off June 8.
The Launch Event is happening on June 8th at the award-winning Junction Craft Brewing. More than 20 Ontario craft breweries will be serving up some delicious brews from 3pm-6pm!
Tickets are limited, so get yours before the event sells out soon. Your $20 includes four 5oz samples of beer, Fool’s Paradise Band, Games, Craft Beer Market Pop-Up Kitchen and more! Ren Navarro from Beer Diversity will be Emceeing!
From Saturday, June 8 through Sunday, June 16, invite family and friends to join in on the festivities featuring local craft breweries in cities and towns throughout the province.
“Ontario’s craft beer industry strives to create an environment of collaboration and inclusiveness between all members, which is what makes this industry so special,” says Sarah Knox, Marketing Manager, Ontario Craft Brewers and chair of Ontario Craft Beer Week 2019. “Craft brewing is an art, a science and a business, so this time of the year offers everyone a chance to celebrate everything craft brewers bring to our province.”
Ontario Craft Beer Week’s goal is to recognize amazing local craft brewers and give consumers a chance to learn more about craft beer and the breweries in their area. These events always connect Ontario residents with their local craft brewers through tours, tastings, festivals and parties.
A full list of OCB Week events can be found at www.ocbweek.ca but some of the highlights of different types of events include:
- Father’s Day Ale Trail: Ontario Craft Beer Week wraps up on Father’s Day, so go ahead and make dad’s day by joining him on a craft beer bus tour. The tour departs from The Wooly Pub and includes visits to Brothers Brewing, Royal City Brewing, Wellington Brewery, as well as a stop at Guelph’s newest brewery, Fixed Gear Brewing. For more information, find it here.
- Visit your local brewery: Tours, tastings and meeting the people behind the brands – connect with brewmasters, owners, sales and production staff.
- Craft beer 101: Experience beer tastings and food pairings with the experts, including cheese, BBQ & chocolate.
- One-offs, keg swaps, casks & features: Taste new, creative and limited-edition brews that are not normally available to public
- Craft beer festivals: Join in on one of the many festivals happening during Ontario Craft Beer Week in multiple cities: Kawartha Craft Beer Festival, Newmarket Community Craft Beer Festival, The Beaches Rib and Craft Beer Festival, and more! Tickets for these events are on sale now.
- Pub crawls: Hook up with pals and brewery reps to taste your way through multiple craft-friendly licensees.
- Brewery tours: Contact breweries directly or sign up for a regional beer tour at one of several craft beer touring facilities in the province.
Interested parties with event ideas or requests should contact their local brewery, visit www.ocbweek.ca or send an email to email@example.com.